Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Exercise! YAY! Netflix! YAY!




Earlier my sister wrote a post on exercise and it is great you should read that! I just wanted to add an idea I came across recently. We have had netflix for a while now, I love it, but I do so even more now! We usually use it to watch a movie here or there or run sesame street as back ground noise for my daughter. The other day I decided to start exercising again. One of those things I slack at around Christmas and gain 10 pounds. The jeans are getting tight and I can't bare to move up a size, unlike my sister I don't have motivation to exercise. Looking at my  exercise DVD collection covered with dust, I realized both of them didn't sound enticing. I sat on the couch and thought, "maybe I will give this one more shot and search on netflix". I was kinda hoping there wouldn't be one, so I could watch a movie on  my instaque.  Low and behold, I found several workout videos. Mostly, I was more surprised at my reaction.It seemed fun to do a new workout. With a huge selection from yoga to boot camp military style... I had a chance to find something I would enjoy. I randomly selected a dance workout and though I have sweat harder, it was really fun! My daughter danced beside me and toward the end they did a short ab workout that gave me a burn. It was kinda addicting so I tried another workout, tougher, but I enjoyed it! While I watched the Biggest Loser last night I didn't feel guilty like I normally do! So if you have an excuse like I used, that you don't have money for a gym, or that you don't have work out videos... netflix has them. It costs us less then ten dollars a month to have all the movies and now gym we need! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment