Friday, November 18, 2011

My Free Tree and Dollar Store Decorations


I don't know if you have noticed that I love yard sales and dollar stores. My sister in law is a yard sale diva. She may even be a queen!. I told her a few years ago that I really wanted a tree and if she saw one I would pay here back. She went to a yard sale and they were done for the day, there was a tree. The lady said she could take it for free, since she was loading it up for donation. That is how I got a free fake tree! It is a smaller tree, which I don't mind since its cheaper to decorate and not as overwelming . The last couple years I have had some interesting crafts I decorated with on it. This year I wanted a nice tree! While I was at Honk's Dollar store I noticed they had 9 pack Christmas balls for $1. They happen to have the lime green I am trying to decorate my house with! Score! With a splurge on Led lights (that will save me in the long run), some glitter ornaments 5 for a dollar, some 2 for a dollar, 2 rolls of garland, and an angel for cheap at a thrift store. At Wal Mart they have 26 packs of the Christmas balls for $5, so I got some of those. I wrapped a fleece throw I got at Ikea for $3, as a tree skirt. So for about $40, half of that was the lights, here is my tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment